Wednesday, June 1, 2011

D.W. learning journey

In Year 5 so far this year we have had quite a few trips.
One of my favourite was going to Ecoventure. I liked the night walk the best, because we saw some geckos and lizards we also saw some camel spiders we caught one and we also caught a dung beetle and they fought. The food was also nice I liked breakfast the best though because I got to have some honey on toast, but the bit I didn’t like was when the mosquitoes bit me a lot and when I woke up there was a huge scorpion or spider so I reliesed I had some spider bites as well.

Another trip I liked was the Sony science show we put smoke into a big box with a hole and put strings on top of the hole then we hit the side of the box and we saw the smoke ring and the string twirl around it.

We also had many clubs this year one of my favorites was F1 (formula one) we got to raise money by selling toys (p.s. I bought most of them especially the match attax). Once we raised enough money we sent it to Dr. Sankey to model our car and on the 31st of May 2011 we received them! Also we got a letter on Sunday the 29th May 2011 for a trip to Yas Marina where we can race our car and declare which team will win will it be Extreme Eagles or will it be Warfare Wolves!

Also one of my favourite lessons was to make a bomb shelter I chose to make an Anderson shelter and I covered it in mud as it was in the war I also put half of it under the ground like the Anderson shelter was.

I have also improved in my writing since year four before my average writing was 1 to 2 pages now I can write about average as to 2 or 3.
I have also made lots of power points this year such as the: Are zoo’s good or bad presentation or the Berlin wall presentation and many more I did about 20 power point presentations and 11 word documents as you can see I like power point much more because you can add special effects if I could I would make this into a power point but when you print out it there are no animations!

6 comments:

  1. Daniel, you have done a great job describing your whole school year. Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you've used paragraphs even though other people have!!! :)
    WELL DONE

    By Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when used a lot of vcop. well done

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete